The Fringe is over but there’s no rest for the Gilded!
We’ve got a whole new programme of incredible comedy coming your way from September through to the new year so check it out… (more…)
Throughout August, our judges have harvested the pick of this year’s crop of up-and-coming comedians. The stakes are high, and the opportunities are greater, bigger and better than ever. Join us for the final of this year’s So You Think You’re Funny? competition and see the very best comic newcomers battle it out. You saw them here first!
So You Think You’re Funny? Final
Thursday 27 August
19:30 – Debating Hall
Katherine Ryan: Kathbum
Saturday 29th August at 19:30 – Debating Hall
Friday 28th August 00:30 – Billiard Room
- Gilded Balloon 30th Anniversary Walk – The Herald [print]
- Tar Baby – British Theatre Guide [Read more]
- Willie and Sebastian – The Herald [Print] | Edinburgh Reporter [Read review]
- Arabian Nights – Edinburgh Evening News [Read review]
- Tommy Tiernan – Broadway Baby [Read review]
- Arabian Nights – Edinburgh Guide [Read review]
- Bette Midler…and Me – The Public Reviews [Read review] | West End Wilma [Read review]
- Abigoliah Schamaun: Post-Coital Confessions – Arts Award Voice [Read review]
- Justin Moorhouse: Destiny Calling – Arts Award Voice [Read review]
We’re local, and we want to reward our fellow Edinburgh residents with £5 tickets to shows on Monday 17, 24 & 31 August. Offer is available from the Gilded Balloon Box Office in person upon proof of an EH postcode, in advance and on the day of the show.
*Subject to availability. Participating shows only.
Browse programme >>
Artists and staff from Pleasance, Assembly, Underbelly and Edinburgh Fringe Society can buy £5 tickets* to Gilded Balloon shows on Wednesday 12, 19 & 26 August. So start spreading the word, asking around, and hitting up those ‘must-see’ shows for cheap!
*Available at the Gilded Balloon box office upon presentation of pass in advance and on the day of show. Allocations are strictly limited and available only on participating shows.