Do you want to be part of the Gilded Balloon’s 2016 Fringe Programme?
With 9 venue spaces, ranging from our smallest 50 seat Wee Room, right up to our grand 350 seat Debating Hall, we present over 130 shows each season. Could you be one of them?
Find all the information you need here. And submit your Application Form now!
The Fringe is over but there’s no rest for the Gilded!
We’ve got a whole new programme of incredible comedy coming your way from October through to the new year so check it out… (more…)
Throughout August, our judges have harvested the pick of this year’s crop of up-and-coming comedians. The stakes are high, and the opportunities are greater, bigger and better than ever. Join us for the final of this year’s So You Think You’re Funny? competition and see the very best comic newcomers battle it out. You saw them here first!
So You Think You’re Funny? Final
Thursday 27 August
19:30 – Debating Hall
Katherine Ryan: Kathbum
Saturday 29th August at 19:30 – Debating Hall
Friday 28th August 00:30 – Billiard Room
- Gilded Balloon 30th Anniversary Walk – The Herald [print]
- Tar Baby – British Theatre Guide [Read more]
- Willie and Sebastian – The Herald [Print] | Edinburgh Reporter [Read review]
- Arabian Nights – Edinburgh Evening News [Read review]
- Tommy Tiernan – Broadway Baby [Read review]
- Arabian Nights – Edinburgh Guide [Read review]
- Bette Midler…and Me – The Public Reviews [Read review] | West End Wilma [Read review]
- Abigoliah Schamaun: Post-Coital Confessions – Arts Award Voice [Read review]
- Justin Moorhouse: Destiny Calling – Arts Award Voice [Read review]